A REAL award show...

The other night, just before Meliss headed home, we plopped down on the couch and watched a little bit of the tele'. I was just going through channels and I landed on one of my personal favorites, CNN. They were in the middle of an award show that was unlike anything I had ever seen! It was called CNN HEROES. It was an entire award show dedicated to people who love people better than anyone I know.

It was an award show for people that ACTUALLY deserve awards. I almost felt like crying every time there was a presentation.

There was a short video of what the person does. They people were from all over the world, doing things that none else wanted to do.

I couldn't help but feel so... convicted.

I wondered how many of these people did this because they were Christians. One guy, David Puckett came up and gave God all of the glory, it was pretty breathtaking. He builds prosthetic limbs and gives them to people in need in Mexico free of charge. He helped many people walk for the first time.

I'm not sure if you remember, but Jesus was in that line of business. He helped people see for the first time. I know there is a big difference, but they are both miracles in my eyes.

Another lady, Phymean Noun, went to Cambodia and took children that were as young as 4 that were working picking trash in a huge landfill and took them to a school. (watch video below) She has 900 students. She doesn't charge them a thing. I don't know how, but she does it.

These people inspire me to get uncomfortable, and do something that really shows people God's love. These people get God's greatest commands right, the command to love those in need.

The winner was this lady, Liz McCartney. She created an organization that helped 120 families rebuild their homes in the years following Katrina. She is just one of a many unrecognized people who have GOT IT RIGHT. I hope that one day I can feel like I am truly loving people recklessly...

Check out this video of one of the winners... I was in awe. It really help me put my life and the things I worry about in perspective:

0 comments: