My First Championship!

Tuesday was an awesome night. My hockey team won the championship series! I have never won a championship of anything, so this was pretty cool! To even top it off, I even got some cool battle scars.

As I was going for the puck, I got tripped, a stick then hit me in the face, and then I got kicked in the face with skates. It was pretty intense. I just want to say, the tough guy I am, got right back up. I then proceeded to look for my gloves and stick that all flung when I went down! It left some pretty serious markage and swellage right next to my eye though.

I want to share with you a dialogue that I had with my dad. We have kind of a different relationship than many fathers and sons. We don't speak through hugs or anything like that. We have conversations that are a little more like this one that show the relationship pretty well...

Sal: What happened to your face.

Me: I got drop-kicked in the face with skates and a stick.

Sal: Now that's what I call a hockey player.

Me: That's what I'm talking about!

I also want to thank my beautiful girlfriend for coming to a bunch of my games, including my championship. Just like that Edwin Mccain song, she's my biggest fan, and I am hers!

0 comments: