If I Could Be Anything

The question was asked by a friend of mine to a whole group of people, "If you could have any job in the world... what would you do?" Now perhaps some of you need to think and meditate on that answer for a while. However, it is not the same case for me. perhaps you ARE like me, and you already know the one thing that you would want to do!

Well I have always had this idea of a dream job... and that dream job is DUN DUN DUN... A Storm Chaser!

I mean, I guess it's the next closest thing to Youth Ministry... It's unpredictable and you always feel like you're cleaning up for weeks after!

That in itself is somewhat funny if you know me, and you are one of my family members. Back in the old days there were definitely not expectations of me enjoying storms. I remember when there were really bad storms I would run into our bathroom (only room with no windows) or into my basement with a blanket wrapped around me and my walkman blaring into my ears.

To tell you the truth... I don't really know when the switch happened! There is something so incredible and mysterious about something that powerful and unpredictable. It's a little bit of God's wrath mixed with science. You get to travel a LOT, and see thunderstorms all the time!

When I was working at Christ in Youth in Joplin, Missouri I remember one really awesome night. Ps. Joplin is smack in the middle of our nations "Tornado Alley". Anywho, some really big storms were coming really close until finally the towns tornado sirens started going off! HOW AWESOME IS THAT! Many people would be quick to want to get into a basement... I wanted to go outside! Of course the people who lived in Joplin made fun of me because they are used to that type of weather, but I still thought it was neat.

So yea, very exciting. We are actually in a Tornado Watch until 7pm tonight, so you can expect me to be keeping my eyes to the sky for a while!

Also, I have been watching an awesome new show on discovery about the life of Storm Chasers... you should check it out, they actually drive a tank INTO THE TORNADO, then maybe you will understand my awkward enjoyment of weather!

If you could do any job, what would it be?

0 comments: