Nashville Day Two - Seriously Ridiculous...

At first I didn't quite understand the theme of this years convention, "Seriously Ridiculous." As time has gone on here, I think I am finally learning why they picked it...

Jesus Christ, and the job that he has appointed us is... well... seriously ridiculous.
It's something that makes perfect sense, and at times no sense at all. It's a life that directs you to give up everything, but at the same time to gain everything. It's a life full of sacrifice and love. It's a love that is to be mirrored from the one who has perfect love. It's seriously ridiculous.

Today was one of those days, where it all made sense. It started with an amazing speaker, Mark Yaconelli. That name may sound familiar because his father, Mike Yaconelli, was a huge person in the youth ministry world. I actually named my last blog, "Dangerous Wonder" after one of his books. (my favorite) Mark had some amazing things to say about how we don't need to have fear to be passionate. He finished his sermon with a story about how he went to a disco dance back in the day. He said everyone was scared to dance and 2 hours into the dance the DJ was about to cancel the dance, he then went up to the DJ and said "wait... don't do it..."

The lights in the room then went out, and when they came back on he was in full disco gear and a disco ball started spinning, the room went CRAZY! I could never do this story justice.

All of that to say, this man was so passionate. He was not scared to look stupid, he was not scared to be transparent, he was not afraid to let loose and just ... be.

As this was all happening the band was getting set up. Lincoln Brewster came up and played Everlasting God, and I was just, in awe. I then realized at that moment just how broken I am. God had softened my heart so much today. I truly hope I am a changed person. I can't wait to come back and speak to CCV Impact and Riot with the passion I feel inside of me now...

I want to give you a couple highlights of my day.

- Mark Yaconelli - Lincoln Brewster for Worship - Hours of conversation with my two professors at Panera. - Concert with Matt Wertz - 4 Comedians including one ventriloquist that was freaking hilarious. - Late Night Waffle House Stop

0 comments: