One Funny Night

So my church hosted an event this evening at the beautiful Radisson Hotel in King of Prussia. We had a comedian named Michael Jr. come and make us laugh until we peed our pants. I knew the night was going to be interesting from the second the first guy came on stage. His first pair of jokes were poking fun at going to Bible college. I guess you could say I could relate.

I then knew Michael Jr. would be funny from the first joke that he gave...

"Hey... why'd you guys dim the lights... so I would think there are more black people here?"

Hah, it was pretty funny, perhaps it's one of those I guess you gotta be there moments.

Anyway, it was a really awesome time. The ballroom was gorgeous, the company was incredible, the jokes were funny, the meal was awesome and the only thing missing was my beautiful girl. I look forward to comedy night next year, I would bet we would do it again after that fun, sold out show.

Anyway, I am exhausted, I will catch up with you guys soon. Here is a little clip of the comedian we had tonight!

3 comments:

Jon Stolpe said...

I had a great time at comedy night last night also. The during dinner music was great - like we talked about anything with a good sax player is good for me. The comedy was funny. Here's my question though: Would you have felt comfortable bringing a completely unchurched friend to this event? I just have to ask. We brought some friends who aren't currently attending a church, but they grew up going to church, and I think they enjoyed the evening. But what do you think someone who was completely unchurched would have thought about all the "over-saved" and "James" jokes? I just wonder. I hope they do this event again, "I'm just sayin."

Adam Flora said...

Yuu know what... I was also wondering that same thing.

But then I figured a little bit of church stuff in there isn't the main thing they would be looking for.

If I was un-churched I think that I would be looking for the comedian to say something out of line so that I could write off these people or the church.

So since the majority of the material wasn't about church, I think it was the right path. I mean... being a Christian comedian is a tough gig... I wouldn't want the job hah... I'm just sayin, I'm just sayin.

Tina said...

It is what it is! I'm just sayin!