Remembering To Be Immature...

Sunday night, Melissa is speaking on the stage, so I take my normal position in the "hot spots" of the audience. I normally position myself right behind the group that will most likely be the most disruptive. As predicted they were chatting and giggling throughout the message, perhaps not taking in parts of a sermon that could change their lives! After that I got them all together and looked at all of them and said, "guys... you were so disruptive to the speaker. I don't want to see this again, I think you awe her an apology." That was it... in an instant I made myself 20 years older.

Lets fast forward, Now I sit here... The night before a very large test in "Jesus and the Gospels". I am in my very good friend Josh's dorm room. We have probably messed around 95% of the night, and I have probably studied 5% of the time. We went and played ping pong, talked about life and watched pointless YouTube videos... including this one like 5 times that made us both laugh for the majority of the night, check it out:



Want to know how much of me regrets it? 0%. Ultimately I am not going to remember this test in this class. Perhaps I will remember some of the information. I know I will pass this test, but probably not with flying colors if I don't study more. I will remember spending the whole night messing around with one of my boys. I will remember trying to imitate the guy from the video you just watched, and thinking about buying one of his shirts.

I used to love this movie named "Van Wilder" in my high school days. I would not necessarily recommend this movie to anyone who is a student or over 30. It's a movie you want to watch if you are somewhat amused by crude humor and you don't feel like thinking much. When I was young and dumb I looked up to this Van Wilder character... He wasn't a very hard worker, but I felt like he had life down to a tee. At one point in the movie he is sitting with this very goal oriented girl in a empty hockey rink and he just says, "Gwen, you can never take life too seriously, or you'll never make it out alive."

Well you know what... I think he's got something there. When you start to take life too seriously you sweat the small stuff, you yell when you should laugh, you miss the small moments of life that are hardly ever enjoyed, and you rush a stressful life that will ultimately be your demise.

I think God also wants us at times to spend the night messing around, and spend other times studying for hours. When you find your life becoming too serious, just remember the wise words of Van Wilder, and lighten up.

Holy CRAP I just found the clip... Watch It... NOW:


0 comments: