My American Bubble...

It is really easy for someone to think that the world is confined to the 10 by 10 miles square that the majority of us are spending the majority of our time in. Or even going beyond that, perhaps my little world even spreads to Philadelphia! WAIT... My world is as big as Pennsylvania? What if your world was as big as... the world... Sometimes when you have the Internet, and you can easily access much of the beauty and wonder that the world has to offer, you seem to think that the world is confined to just the little bubble that you are in.

To tell you the truth, I am frustrated... there is so much of the world that I have not seen! You can never quite capture the beauty of a place just from a picture... for example... This picture:

This is a picture I took in a small plane while flying over Fiji. You will never understand the view from hundreds of feet in the air. You have no idea how loud the engine was. You don't know what it's like to be able to reach out and touch the pilot while he is flying. You have no idea how scary it is to fly into a thunderstorm in a plane that small... You will never know just how beautiful and breathtaking it was... well... unless you go there.

The world is so big, yet for some of us, it is so confined.

Whenever I write an e-mail, I always close it with "Love and Adventure, Adam." I think that I need to work on doing both of them much, much more...

Here are a few pictures of places that I have not been, but will have to adventure to as soon as my legs and wallet can get me there. When I see these pictures I just can't help but be amazed at just how big and beautiful the world can be... enjoy:

















0 comments: