Fit For a Queen.

I never thought when your parents and friends tell you to aim high with girls that I was ever going to aim that high, and that I especially was going to win over the heart of any of those kind of girls. Has anyone ever told you not to go for someone because they are in fact "way out of your league." Well you know what... I went for one way out of my league... and many years, many dollars and lots of hard work later, I get to see just how lucky I really am.

I went to Melissa's homecoming this past weekend, and it was quite the busy day. You know how you think your girlfriend/wife is the greatest thing since sliced bread. And all of you guys think that because to you she is the greatest!

I however managed to grab a girl that really is that special.

NOT to my surprise Melissa had won Homecoming Queen. I couldn't tell you how many times I kept saying to myself, "Adam... she is way out of your league." As the five million guys come up to me telling me how lucky I am, I just kept saying, "Adam... she is way out of your league."

This word goes out to all of you hopeless romantics out there. When you find a girl that is truly worth it, when you find the girl that is truly Godly, when you find the girl that loves people so much, you go get her. You keep loving that girl until eventually she sees the love that is worthy for even a queen...

CORNY ALERT: Right after Melissa won, she left the field and everyone and their sister was coming up to her to congratulate her and take pictures with her. One mother came up to Melissa and said: "mommy, I want to go see the princess...". It was the most adorable thing in the world. The funny thing is, that little girl got just a little glance of how I see her every day!

2 comments:

Melissa: said...

Along the way met a queen
Now, I'm her king
And we reign our kingdom from a mountaintop
Where, baby, we can be alone :)

Tina said...

Adam,
You and Melissa are extremely blessed to have each other in your lives. It's so nice to see young people with so much love and respect for one another. Never forget how you guys feel right now.
I have a feeling you guys will have many happy years together. :)