Indescribable Love

I came across a picture right before I was going to bed, that for whatever reason took my breath away... I want to share this picture with you...



Something about this just captivates me. It's something so precious and so hard to explain. The bond between a mother and her baby. The love that she has to feel for that baby leaves me dumbfounded and trying to describe something that is simply... indescribable. Sometimes I see God in the strangest ways. I would have to say this is one of them. Only God can be the explanation of something so magical. Something so tender and pure. It's enough to make any tough man soften. It's enough to conquer any hardship. It is something that only a parent could understand I would assume. Although I am certainly in no rush to have kids, (they're lucky if they make the 10 year plan) I certainly would not mind one day experiencing something like this. So when my mom tells me she couldn't sleep because she was worrying about me, perhaps one day I will truly understand.

I just wanted to end my post with some pictures I dug up just now... A precious moment 21 years and 8 months ago... 02/14/1987




3 comments:

Andrew, your friendly Disciple of Christ said...

the sad thing is, that mother child relationships are one of the few places were raw, uncontaminated love is found anymore, despite the fact that the bible calls for us to exemplify it in every interaction.

Andrew, your friendly Disciple of Christ said...

on a brighter note, i've always found mother child relationships amazing too.

Evan Flora said...

dudesky, please add me to your blogs on the side...
thanks!