What every great pastor needs.

Throughout my journey in ministry ranging from my Christ's Church of the Valley experience, to the traveling super conferences of C.I.Y., I have been able to witness pastors of all shapes and sizes. Even this summer through throwing stretch and escape, we have been able to book some high end speakers for our own youth groups...

There is one thing that I have found in common between all of these pastors. Without this you will not be able to have a successful ministry, or a shot at being a renown speaker. People may possibly never take you seriously. This is a true fact, and it is almost scientific, so you can't argue with it at all...

If you want to be a successful pastor... you must have... really-nice-jeans.

That's right ladies and gentleman. Throughout my journey I have seen the best of the best perform. Besides their Bible, one of their most effective tools was a fly pair of jeans and a button-up collar shirt. Why is it that some of the best speakers I have ever seen all wear very nice jeans on stage? Does it give them some type of special power? Or maybe it is just the extra boost of confidence they need to be up there and speak with authority.

I do want to ask a question though. This is something that Brian Jones brought up in his pastors gone wild series a couple months back. Are middle and high school students more receptive to someone who dresses very nice? Should what they wear matter or be a factor? That is for you to decide.

Until then, I will continue to bring my nice "preachin' outfit"... and rock out on stage, see you there!

3 comments:

Andrew, your friendly Disciple of Christ said...

lol, just so long as you don't start wearing a suit and tie

Frank Chiapperino said...

Hilarious! Um, wait a minute... if the jeans have a hole in them does that make me holy if I'm wearing em?

Jon Stolpe said...

Dude,
You would have been proud of Frank C today. He was not only wearing is new fancy speaker jeans, but he was also wearing his fancy speaker shirt. Ask him about it when you get a chance.