Do something you love, before you go crazy...

Tonight I was lucky enough to escape from the "real world", even if just for a little while... Things have obviously been quite insane over the last couple of weeks, so I can't even describe what it is like to be able to enjoy an ancient vice of mine... Hockey...

That's right, few people actually know that I almost learned how to in-line skate before I learned to walk. Some of my best memories of my childhood are late night hockey games at the Collegeville Park with my best friends and some insane 2v2 action in my cousins basement back in the day.

It's something I love, it's something I enjoy, it's something that can help me just... get away.

I've learned that when you don't have something like that, you can end up taking life way too seriously. I believe God truly wants us to just have some... fun!

Even Ecclesiastes says in chapter 8, "15 So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun."

It wasn't easy to open up my schedule so that I could hit games every Tuesday night and practice in between, but you will find the inconvenience is worth far less than doing something fun! I recommend everyone does something that they just really enjoy doing... you never know just how "alive" you may end up feeling!

So if you ever want to come out and watch a little hockey or you just maybe want to see a guy who loves what he is doing, then feel free to catch a game!

ps. We're 2-0 so far... nice.

0 comments: