Seasons...

As we roll into some of my favorite months, the fall, we can definitely start to notice a fair share of changes happening in the air...

Swimming is now turning into playing football.
Green is now turning into shades of red, yellow and orange.
The kids go from the couch watching TV, to school for the day.

It is to be expected of course, with each season comes its fair share of changes that we have just come to expect and to take in with open arms. Just like there is a season for Penn State and Eagles football (and what great seasons they will be) there are also seasons of our lives that we will be something different then the last season we were in.

Even in Biblical times we see this picture of a season for everything painted in Ecclesiastes 3,

A Time for Everything


"1
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance..."

And the scripture goes on beyond that telling of these many seasons that we can be in. Throughout reading that I can't help but wonder...

What season am I in?

T
he other day I had a very good conversation with someone whom I see as very wise... Ironically enough, he is the professor of my Wisdom Literature class at Eastern. I want to give you all some advice that can get you very far in life. If there is a Christian in your life who has seen many years, made many mistakes, shed many tears, and learned more than you can imagine... listen to them...

He had found out that I work a lot and I go to school taking a lot of credits and just seemed shocked a little... His words were "This is your season to study and to take in as much as possible, and then you will have a season to work..."

Now one thing that I want everyone to keep in mind is that obviously he has no idea about my life, about how much I LOVE my job, and about how at this point I am ready to go into that season...

BUT

It did make me wonder... what season AM I in?

Have you ever not really known what stage of your life you are in? Have you ever not liked the season you are in? Can you be in more than one stage at the same time?

These are all some things I would love to learn as I enjoy the crackling of a fire, the leaves all around, and of course some great seasons for Penn State and the Eagles...

0 comments: