Who I Am vs. Who I Want To Be...

(Part III of the current series to be continued)

Introducing my late night rant:

If you are anything like me then you have these moments where you just kind of count all of your chips and figure out where you are. One of those moments is right now...

I started up a new Hometeam (small group) tonight where I opened up in a way I was not expecting to. I simply stated that I had this huge, incredible vision of what my life should look like, and the simple fact that I am not there.

Frustrating...

If you've ever wanted to be at a certain place by a certain time and have not been there, it can really bring you down.

I just thought I would simply share what I want my life to look like. So all of you few readers can help me be accountable to a completely possible, incredibly unbelievable and unbelievably difficult lifestyle.

THE RANT - I want a life full of adventure. I want every single day to be filled with adventure, even small adventures that can appear in the tedious everyday tasks. I want to find enjoyment in every sunset, sunrise, sun-ray, star in the sky, in every smile, in every laugh, in music and in anything else that we always take for granted, I want to live every day as it is my last. I want to treat every conversation as if it may be the last with that person that I ever have. I want to be smart, but I want to take chances. I want to truly listen to the wisdom of my elders while teaching children that it's okay to stay young. I want to treat every relationship in my life like the most important relationship that I have. I want to do things that don't make any sense, and not try to make sense of things that need to just be enjoyed. I want to look at the map and think that "I'm lost", but see it as an opportunity to explore new grounds. I want to work hard, then when the time is right relax even harder. I want to travel and love people of all nations. I don't want to count calories, I want to count the number of meals I have with people I love to be around. I want to listen way better than I talk, and talk to anyone who needs a friend...

I want to live as a man freed in Christ would live.

You know what they say... if you want something bad enough, go get it. And that is my random bedtime rant...

Much Love,
Adam


Ps. One of my favorite musical artist , Jason Mraz, has a music video that I watch from time to time just to continue to inspire me to yearn for more. Check it out:


0 comments: