Friendship... It's powerful Stuff.

Something that is truly a force to be reckoned with is definitely the power of friendship. Last night I had one of my best friends, and first roommate in college, Justin Best, come up for the night on his way to Princeton to see another old friends of his. I couldn't tell you how much just one night with the kid brought me to such a good place. There are a few reasons why it was so good.

First - It is such a good thing to be around someone who understands what you are going through.
Whether it is with relationships or spiritually or with hardships you are going through, it can make all the difference to have someone there who understands what you are going through. Maybe you've been with a friends who will say something, and you could have sworn it was you that was saying it.

Second - It is so refreshing to be around someone who has the same passions as you.
Justin and I talked theology, politics and about our girlfriends until some stupid hour of the night. I personally love to talk about theology, and most people just end up giving me crap for it. It was very refreshing to listen to someones outlook on something that you really care about.

Third - Sometimes you need someone from the past to help you remember where you've been.
My freshman year of college was the greatest year of growth that I have ever had. We had so much accountability with each other, and were constantly pushing each other to chase God more. Someone who will be honest with you is also a key. Having someone in my life to tell me, "Adam, you are better than that." can be the greatest gift in the world. If you every find a friend who is willing to be completely honest and soul naked (that's for you best), than you stick with them until the end.

UNFORTUNATELY, Justin will be leaving in two weeks for Uganda until December, then to Europe by himself for a month bringing him home late January. If you could keep him in your prayers, that would be huge. He will also be blogging throughout his journey at JustAVessel.com

1 comments:

Justin Best said...

Flora,
you're my boy. Thanks for the kind words, the great conversation, and for taking the time to get "soul naked" with me that night. The weekend was great and kicking it off with you made it all the more sweet! I hope you're doing well. I'll see you in two weeks!
Best