As I Wish Upon A Star... Uh, in a manly way though...

Today started unlike any other day.
Today started with true mystery and wonder.
Today started with a breath of much needed fresh air.

Have you ever encountered something that just... takes your breath away.

It leaves you standing in awe, with the ability to only utter, "wow."

It's a moment that can bring out with 6th grader that is bottled up inside all of us.
It's a moment where God can finally get the credit he deserves.
It's a moment where you can see just how BIG God really is.

For me that was today.

I was watching the news last night, and heard there was going to be a meteor shower early this morning. I woke up at 5:00 am to go lay down on a bench on my deck. After 20 minutes of blank and still stars I asked God to show me his beauty...

And there it was.

One of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

A bright blue streak across the cloudless sky. Bright as the moon, and fast as a bullet. The streak started to slow down, and then zig zagged across the sky, back and fourth. I looked at God, and asked to see his beauty, his power, his face... and God looked back and said, "oh this is just a little piece..."

I know this may sound stupid. But maybe... JUST MAYBE. This little and seemingly meaningless moment could be a change. It could be the start of something new. And boy I hope it is.

If I got to blow my one wish, on this one beautiful "star." It would be that I never allow myself to miss the shooting stars flying by me every... single... day...

0 comments: