Why do I blog?

The answer to that one is simple...

I told someone the other day that I blog, and their first remark was, "Yeah, my life isn't interesting enough to blog."

So I thought about it, and I just want to clear up any misconceptions. I do not think that my life is more worthy than your life to write a blog about it. If anything, I encourage anyone who can write to do a blog because I think everyone has something personal to them to write about.

Second, my initial reason for blogging was to let people know what I was doing when I was touring the country last summer... But ultimately I want people to see the world from a different point of view than they are used to. Foremost, I want people to see Christianity from a new angle than usual. I think so many times people see Christians as boring, soft, and just all around Mr. Rogers like. I don't see it that way. If more people saw the huge task that Christians have, they would see there is a lot more on the line and lot more adventure out there. Early Christians lives were really a dangerous adventure everyday because they were putting their necks out there for Jesus every day. I don't think we as Christians do that anymore. I am just now starting to get this little glimpse of the radical life that is Christianity. I hope you join with me. Please feel free to leave comments on anything as well!

0 comments: