On the road again...

Well here I sit in the quaint little town of Holland Michigan. We're pretty North here right off of lake Michigan. We drove for 14 hours on Thursday, even though it felt like 29791797493 hours. We arrived a day early on purpose, one, so that we didn't have to spend another pointless random day in the office, and two, so that we could get to know the area we would be working in this week. Part of us getting to know the area was of course, hitting the beach! Now the funny thing here is I thought the same thing you were thinking when I said the word beach. Oh... He's at the lake, I guess you could call that a beach. WRONG. This beach looked like any other beach I have seen on the ocean minus the bigger waves. So it was a really nice thing to be able to do, just to relax before two very hard days. If you know me at all, you know how much I love being able to hit the beach. So on Saturday and Sunday we unloaded the truck and set up the stage and lights, sound, etc... This was a HUGE unload, and there was only a few of us. It took sooooo much time, and soooo much hard work. I am so exhausted from setting up for two days strait. I'm glad we got some free time tonight before the conference starts tomorrow. Once again, I am the extraverted people person, so I am automatically in charge of the welcoming committee. I love that job to tell you te truth. I'm not sure if I've explained it before, but it so fun to jump into some random church van right when they get to CIY and just pray with them, then tear them out of the van and give them all kind of games to play. I guess my personality fits the job right. But lets go ahead and talk about this for one second. If you are reading this blog, you most likely have an idea of my personality. I love people, I love to talk and interact with people, I guess I thought I was pretty likeable. Well, for some reason, God keeps putting a certain kind of person in my life. This last year my roomate was the polar oposite. I didn't think he liked well...people... he was just mean... but not to everyone... but he was to me. He hated extraverted, free spirited people. It was nearly impossible for me all year to live with him... I really thought that he just hated happiness altogether, but he is a human just like the rest of us, there has to be a reason for it. It's really hard when I run into people like that who just openly don't like you. I always wondered why God would room me wiith someone like that. I guess you could say I was pretty excited to get away from that after the semester.. ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME THIS SUMMER. The guy I am working with, and traveling with all summer has a lot of the same qualities. It has been hard for me to get along with him since I have gotten here. I guess another problem is my mentality of the whole thing. Why would someone just not like people just because they talk, or are outgoing? Why is it the only two people I have ever met that I couldn't get along with if I tried have been roomates? What does God feel about these relationships? What does loving this person look like? I am tired of asking these questions every single day. I've tried and tried and tried, and just continue to get treated like crap. And you know how it goes, when one person with a bully attitude thinks they can treat you that way, so can others... I know God couldn't want it like this....There have been times this summer where I have almost decided to not talk anymore. Join the club of people who keep to themselves and just speak when they have something really important to say, but I guess that's just not me. Ever had anyone just hate you for no reason? Ever hated your own personality at times because of it? I wouldn't even write it in here if it wasn't effecting me. I still am going to stick with the beliefs of knowingn God gave me this personality so I can talk to kids without feeling scared or nervous. I guess I was given one of the spiritual gifts of evangelism... Just not sure why these people are in my life, and how I am supposed to react to them... I do know that God is good though. It is certainly time to keep my head clear, and prepare for another week of broken hearts. Please keep me in your prayers, I will need all of them. and PLEASE. If you have something going on in your life, please let me pray for you as well. It is a few people that are reading these, and it's people very close to me. It's some powerful stuff, I do know that. Thank you. In Him.

-Adam.

0 comments: