A whole summer of this?

It is pretty incredible how the longer into the summer I go, the more confusing most of my post's become. I'm finding out more and more that I don't really know things I thought I did. I also know I know some things now, that I never knew before. And that's about all I do know... Follow? So yesterday was the last day of our first conference. Most of the day went really well. I got to work at about 730, and Immediately started getting to work for Morning session. Right after that I had to start preparing for the Dodge ball Tournament that I would throw at about 3. There were about 300 kids in the tournament, but it went soooo well. I had good help, and I got to use a lot of my skills from doing that stuff at the YMCA when I worked there. It definitely made me miss my old job the more I think about it. Anyway, I had lots of help for the tourn, so that was very helpful. I really felt like that was where I really got to shine, organizing something like that, and executing it flawlessly. After that I went back to my room for a shower, and when I have the opportunity to go back to my room during the day, than it is definitely a good day. I made my way to the auditorium for our last "celebration". Most of the time I got to be in the actual auditorium instead of backstage because of stuff I got to do, and that was perfect. The message was the first thing I must talk about. Jayson French, the Director I am traveling with all summer gave the message. It was hands down the best message I have ever heard. That is a very bold statement I know, but it hit right in the heart. The message was about how we are so caught up in stupid stuff, stupid battles, stupid logistics, stupid excuses, and our own stupid selves to see what God tells us it all really comes down to... LOVE. The message was about how Christians are all falling short because we truly and genuinely do not know how to love. Throughout the message he would explain all these reasons why the church isn't flourishing, then he would say, "nope, that's not it... but this is..." and he would give another reason. Finally he just said. You know what, I know what the reason is. I know the reason why Christianity is NOT doing what it's supposed to... it's right here in this box. He talked for a little while, then he pulled out this huge Mirror. It was more powerful than I could say on here, but I was moved. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. Following that message it was "decision time" That moment will have an effect on me every time i see it. That's why I'm here. Over 20 kids gave their life to Christ for the first time. Over 50 kids were rededicated to make God their leader and forgiver of their lives. And Finally over 30 kids had decided to go into ministry full time. So of course after such an emotionally moving sermon, and after decisions you could just guess who had to go on stage next... you guessed it... ME. heh. I had to go on and finish with a prose poetry that went along with the sermon... It was so amazing standing on that stage alone, and just looking out at the hundreds of kids, looking into their eyes, and for one last time, seeing myself again . After the poetry We all went into the auditorium for the closing worship. It was the best worship I have witnessed I think ever. There was this last song called Shout Unto God they played second to last. The words go "the enemy's been defeated, death couldn't hold you down, we're gunna lift our voice in victory, we're gunna make our praises loud... SHOUT OUT TO GOD WITH A VOICE OF TRIUMPH, SHOUT OUT TO GOD WITH A VOICE OF PRAISE, SHOUT OUT TO GOD WITH A VOICE OF TRIUMPH, WE LIFT YOUR NAME UP, WE LIFT YOUR NAME UP! Oh man... there was not one fist not in the air. Everyone was screaming, crying, singing, everyone... Imagine seeing that. It's hard to grasp. So today I have a half day, then another conference starts tomorrow. I can quickly see how emotionally and physically draining this summer is going to be. I know I say it a lot, but it really asks for so much of each of us. Jayson is calling each of us into the lobby for our "intern evaluations" right now, I think I am coming up soon. So we'll see how it goes. Until then I need to do some CRAZY amount of laundry. I'm running low. I can't wait to describe some of this stuff to everyone when I get back, it's so much easier in person. Anyway, continue to keep me in your prayers. God Bless.

0 comments: