learning to serve...

There is no doubt in my mind that I was definitely meant to read my devotion for the day today. Today was I guess you could say not quite how I expected today to go I guess you could say. Right now I am partaking in a part of the internship known a "zero week." Basically the few of us that arrived early (about 7 of us) prepare for the coming of the rest of the interns. Let me take you back to my day of travel yesterday before I continue. Of course it was never fun saying goodbye to Meliss for 3 months, then a I found my way to Charlotte, NC. That flight was delayed. I hung out in Charlotte in their very nice airport, then got to my terminal to find a Express flight. It was a quite small plane, but it was the smoothest flight I have ever been on. I want to give you all at home a visual of what I am seeing. Philadelphia airport..HUGE. Charlottes Airport...HUGE. Fayettevile Arkansas airport... not too huge. It was actually funny. The baggage claim was actually the same thing as the check-in, check-out, ticketing, and the main lobby. So from there I got picked up by another intern and brought to his apartment to stay for the night. Only to be somewhere else tonight, and somewhere else in a few days. (so much for unpacking) NOW to the part of my blog where I tell you why I am really glad I read my devotion today. Just to give you an idea, the title of my devotion for the day was "the habit of enjoying adversity." Today was hard. No introductions, no lessons, no instructions, just strait to work... hard work! All day we were lifting stuff, and building stuff. Just a ton of work that is incredibly tedious and almost pointless. But this has all been for the better for these reasons. The devotion I read told us about how no matter how difficult something may be, I must say "Lord, I am delighted to obey you." And that is the attitude we must have! Although our life events don't always line up with our expectations, we still must continue to rejoice in our Father... I know the tedious work I am doing will all pay off when we hit the road, and start showing these kids God. It is an incredible humbling job, and even if it sucks, we should take Joy in being A True Servant. God tells us in Philippians 4:19 that "my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. How awesome is that? If we just continue to have faith in the Lord provision, then it's allllll good! The relief I am being told is that things change a lot when the rest of the interns arrive, and changes even more when we hit the road. So it should make for some interesting times. Peace & Love.

Flora.

ps. We got our first crazy thunder/rainstorm today, came out of nowhere!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adam,

Know that I'll be praying for you this entire summer that you (1) have a great time (2) get stretched in ways you can't even imagine and (3) lead a whole bunch of students to Christ. Give it 100% Adam! We're behind you all the way.

Press on.

Brian Jones

FragIsle said...

Adam,

Jess an I are excited that you have the opportunity to serve students on such a grand scale. As the minutes, hours and days pass, remember that God is working in you, in a HUGE way!
The wonderful side of serving is how it can prepare you to get closer to God. Sore muscles, grumbling stomach, tired legs, and blistered fee is how 2/3rds of how the world lives. With Christ in our heart we can rejoice, and be humbled by how God works in and through us.

We will surround you with our prayers.

The wawa coffee drinkin teacher.

Ryan