When Superman Can't Walk

If you have had any conversations with me recently, you have probably heard me jokingly say... "don't worry about, I'm superman!" I say this because I am constantly on the run trying to do it all, and barely ever taking a rest. (Which is not a good thing by the way) Well the unfortunate thing is Superman is going to have to take a break whether he likes it or not. Last night at my hockey game I was tripped and I messed up my ankle pretty badly.

From the first second I tried to "do it all" after I messed up my ankle, I knew that I wouldn't be able to. This is when I was reminded of a song I used to listen to by Good Charlotte called "When Superman Can't Walk."

So today after finally swallowing my pride I made my way to the doctors office who then quickly made me an appointment down at the local hospital to get an x-ray. It was actually the first time I have been in a hospital in over 10 years. (I am either extremely blessed or extremely lucky) Anyway, I find out tomorrow if I just have a stretched out tendon, torn tendon or a fracture. A fracture would be my worst case scenario. If that were the case, I would be down and out for quite some time. Hopefully it isn't that bad. All I could think about was the millions of things that I normally do that I would not be able to do; hockey, all the traveling, going on runs etc...

Something else that I was reminded about was my man Paul from the Word. This is the part that gave me a little more confidence. Paul's main objective was to spread the "Good News" regardless of whatever situation he was in. I get this image in my head of Paul getting arrested and being under close watch in prison. Security was so tight that they had his hand cuffed to a security guard or two for a little while. To any other person, this would have been seen as a huge road block from him sharing the Gospel... But in Paul's eyes, it was just another opportunity! He starts up a little conversation, and before you know it, he is trying to convince these security guards of the transforming message of Christ!

Then it hit me... I am such a wuss!

I really need to view whatever time I am out of commission (which is hopefully very, very short) as an opportunity to get creative and try some things I may not have tried before. There is always more than one way to do something. As for me, I'll retire the cape for a week or so... But I'll be back again soon... ((followed by awesome superhero stance and light breeze))

CHECK OUT GOOD CHARLOTTE'S "WHEN SUPERMAN CAN'T WALK HERE!

1 comments:

Mark Falcone said...

"For momentary light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal."
2 CORINTHIANS 4:17-18

A:
Maybe God needs you to slow down and smell the roses, or stare at the beauty He is creating with snow, right now. Maybe this is a sign to you that you are to start something new. What a great opportunity for you.

Do not, I repeat, DON'T look upon your injury as anything negative. There are things you have done that you will be hindered from doing, and this will allow you to do new things in new ways. It is the unseen that drives you. Good luck and have fun!

-MF